Urinary incontinence isn’t talked about enough. Perhaps it is because women confuse urine leakage for “accidents,” that are not technically a medical issue. However, urinary incontinence is a diagnosable medical condition – one that can make daily life difficult and frustrating.
Women who suffer from urinary incontinence may experience leakage during exercise, laughing, or coughing. If you ever face a strong urge to urinate during sexual activity or from hearing running water, you may also struggle with urinary incontinence.
Treatment for Urinary Incontinence
Fortunately, urinary incontinence is a very treatable condition. The problem is that the people who suffer from it are too embarrassed to get help or don’t know that there is a solution. Harrington + Associates Plastic Surgery treats urinary incontinence with a treatment called Viveve®.
Viveve® uses radio-frequency technology to stimulate collagen production in the vagina, resulting in thicker, tighter vaginal walls that give you more control over your body and greatly reduces the occurrences of leakage.*
Facts about Urinary Incontinence
- Women report bladder leakage during sexual activity and exercise while sleeping, sneezing or coughing and after drinking water or hearing sounds of water running (or something similar).
- The vast majority of women can get sufficient help with their incontinence via the Viveve® treatment.*
- Surgery should be a last resort after vaginal rejuvenation methods have failed.
- While trying to manage your UI symptoms steer clear of alcohol, which can make you feel worse.
- If you’re experiencing blood in your urine coupled with or in addition to pelvic pain, you may have a more serious condition that needs medical attention.
How to Seek Treatment
The first step to treating your urinary incontinence is talking about it. At Harrington + Associates Plastic Surgery we welcome you to schedule a consultation with our professional staff to discuss your UI symptoms and talk about Viveve® as a solution. Our patients have seen an improvement in their everyday life as a result of meeting Viveve®.* Urinary incontinence is something that can be treated safely and comfortably, so don’t put up with the symptoms for longer than necessary.
To learn more about the benefits of Viveve® for urinary incontinence, contact Harrington + Associates Plastic Surgery. We proudly serve patients in Plymouth as well as the neighboring communities.
*This information is for education only, and is not meant as a guarantee of results. Your results may vary.
- What’s a Geneveve™ Treatment & Do You Need One?
- The 30-Minute Fix for Laxity That Could Improve Your Sex Life
- What Viveve Can Do for You [Infographic]